Date: November 2022
Outreachy provides internships to Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) developers. The group operates as one of the Software Freedom Conservancy’s member projects. Anyone who faces under-representation, systemic bias, or discrimination in the technology industry of their country is invited to apply. Outreachy internships are open to applicants around the world. Interns work remotely and are paid a stipend of $6,000 USD for a three month internship. Outreachy expressly invites women (both cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people to apply, as well as individuals from other under-represented communities.
With this grant, Outreachy will:
- Continue to provide over 50 internships twice a year.
- Strengthen operations to bring resiliency and sustainability to the program.
- Evaluate and potentially launch an individual fundraising program so as to comfortably increase staff to support the initiative and bring stability for the coming years.
- Analyze and publish data from Outreachy historic participation to aid additional funding and advocacy.
- Communicate with relevant target populations so as to more effectively spread the word about the program and to develop strategic partnerships to further amplify its impact.
Learn more at https://www.outreachy.org/.