ARDC is no longer accepting applications for this position.
Amateur Radio Digital Communications (ARDC) is a California-based private foundation that supports amateur radio and digital communications. It does this in two primary ways: making grants, and administering a block of IPv4 addresses known as 44Net, or the AMPRNet, available at https://www.ardc.net/44net/. To get IP addresses from 44Net, users must submit a request, which they do so using the Portal. Built many years ago, the Portal is in need of an upgrade.
ARDC is seeking a skilled UX/UI Designer/Developer (Contractor) in order to make the new version the most user friendly that it can be. This will include:
- Documentation of our existing process and workflows for different types of users (admins, coordinators, general users, etc.)
- Front-end coding of the user interface.
Technical documentation is also included in this project.
Please note that branding is not included in this project. We have an existing style guide that we will be working from at this time.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in the following skills:
- User research
- A deep understanding and recent experience in creating Web Interfaces
- An eye for detail and page layout / design to perfect the UX
- Excellent knowledge and experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Excellent knowledge of the Bootstrap framework, in particular version 5.2
- A working knowledge of JS, in particular JQuery
- At least a basic understanding of PHP
- An eye for clean and well-formatted code
- Technical and user-facing documentation
Additionally, candidates must be able to supply a portfolio of work.
The following skills will also be helpful for this project:
- User flow development
- Knowledge of Laravel, ideally version 9/10
- Familiarity with Blade templates
- Recent experience of team working / collaboration
- Experience with the PHPStorm IDE or an IDE that is compatible with PHPStorm
- Experience with github / gitlab / git
- High-level understanding of computer networking
- Knowledge of and experience with amateur radio
Location & Language
- This work is remote, and the contractor may be located anywhere in the world.
- Contractor must be able to participate primarily in meetings with our UK-based IT lead (GMT) but also the occasional meeting with our US staff, who are based on the west coast (PDT).
- Advanced written and spoken proficiency in the English language is essential
If you are interested in this project, please submit your portfolio and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com. If we agree it looks to be a good fit, we’ll reach out to you to share more about the project and request a bid.