In addition to welcoming new board members – Keith Packard (KD7SQG) and Bob McGwier (N4HY) – ARDC is now welcoming applications for 2021 Technical and Grants Advisory Committee members.
Grants Advisory Committee (GAC)
The job of the GAC is to review and provide advice to the Board regarding inbound grant proposals and other grantmaking opportunities. In 2021, ARDC is looking to process likely hundreds of grant applications for quality projects. The job of the GAC is to review and provide feedback on eligible proposals.
Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) plans and executes improvements
in the 44net technology, architecture, and policy. In 2021, some of the
TAC’s primary goals will be:
- oversee a complete rewrite of the Portal
- improve address allocation policies and responsiveness
- investigate and instigate next steps toward making IPv6 usable in the Amateur Radio service
- investigate options for RPKI or other automated subnet verifications
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining either of these committees, please send a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, Jan. 7, with the name of the committee you’d like to join in the subject line. We’ll review all applications and seek to make a determination by Friday, Jan. 29.
- These committees meet twice a month for at least an hour. There is also email correspondence and reviews that happen between meetings. Estimated level of effort (LOE) is about 2-3 hours/week.
- The term for each of these is a year.
For more information about the roles and duties of these committees, you can read the Advisory Committee Policy in full here.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
We’re looking forward to seeing your application!